Log:Vinyar Tengwar 49
From Tolkien Index
Log and information for the Index for Vinyar Tengwar #49:
- Description of the source: J.R.R. Tolkien, "Eldarin Hands, Fingers & Numerals and Related Writings — Part Three" (edited by Patrick H. Wynne) & J.R.R. Tolkien, "Five Late Quenya Volitive Inscriptions" (edited by Carl F. Hostetter), in Vinyar Tengwar, Number 49, June 2007
- Edition of the source used for the index compilation: The Collected Vinyar Tengwar, Volume 5b (printed by Lulubooks 2007)
- Date announced as completed: 26 March 2012
- For Eldarin Hands, Fingers & Numerals, both Tolkien's and the editor's texts are indexed. The editor's notes (pp. 31-7), however, are not indexed (as these mostly contain references to already published works), except for those notes which contain formerly unpublished texts by Tolkien. In addition, it should be noted that the numerous editorial references to published works, using abbreviations, are not indexed.
- For Five Late Quenya Volitive Inscriptions, only formerly unpublished texts by Tolkien are indexed.
- Entries not indexed: [lengthy quote on pp. 3-4 not indexed]; Allen & Unwin [paper] , , [13-4], , [19-20], [23-4], [27-8], ; [trivial references to:] English [3-5], , , ; Eldarin numerals ; Elf-father of the Ñoldor in the Cuivienyarna ; Etymologies , , [15-6], , [21-5], [28-9]; Variation D/L in Common Eldarin , ; The Lord of the Rings ; Noldorin words for Language ; A Dictionary of Selected Synonyms in the Principial Indo-European Languages ; Moringotto, Moriñgotho, Morikotto [24-5]