- Added Wingildi for PE14, check earlier publications.
- Plotz declensions, check VT:6
- athelas: lowercase in PE17:49?
Change name of "Tom Bombadil (poem)"?
- tengwi/tengwa: no connection to tengwar? (same with ëa, Eä?)
- Make entries from East and West Danian!
- The automatic categorization of entries yields some strange (or rather wrong) index entries for certain alternative forms of names, cf. Ossiriandeb (perhaps it would be good to be able to override the automatization in such cases, and add the index category to the redirect). - (cf. Bëor, Haudh-en-Elleth, Aredhel, Moriquendi, Talath Dirnen, Olwë; Altariellë, Laiquenderin, Boromir, Baranduin, Deldúwath, Erebor, Tauron)
"X 1, 2, 3" indicates that the name X is mentioned briefly on pages 1, 2, and 3. "X 1-3" indicates that the name X is discussed over pages 1 to 3.
- Perhaps note that occurrences of "Allen & Unwin waste paper", and similar phrases, are not indexed under "Allen and Unwin".
Check that Íverin appears in Cat:I.
- Telḿaithron (PE14:13), add a macron.
- Cf. balí-ndóre[sic], VT45, p. 7
Entries not found in the HoMe Index
but found in the HoMe volumes.
Entries to delete?
- Singular/plural: Huorn, Mûmak; Silmaril(s) (as appearing in the HoMe Index); Fëa
- Should Cat:Real-world also contain such "non-real", literary/mythological concepts as Apollo, Diana, King Arthur, Juno, Hades, etc.?
Entries which are tricky to categorize and/or not categorized in the LotR index:
- Veil of Arda
- Christopher Tolkien (rewrite note?)
- Silmo (cf. entry in PE11, p. 33)
- Arctic Q(u)enya
- Arundel Lowdham
- Wizards - "not legendarium"
- Artaxerxes - the wizard Artaxerxes is a prominent character in Roverandom
- Divide God and Gods?
- Sarn Gebir (referring to two different concepts; early name for Emyn Muil + the rapids in Anduin)
- Heaven (delete?), Hell
- PE17: p. 161, which Lórien?
- Noldorin + Noldorin Quenya
- Doriathrin <-> "South Sindarin" (cf. PE17, p. 127)
- Gondor Sindarin
- Lórien PE17 49, 51
- Wandering Companies
- Second Kindred (Men)
- Shadowy Mountains
- Check the language abbreviations, "B", etc.
- p. 128 - EQ, LQ, OQ
- Check Tom Bombadil poems.